Wednesday, August 7, 2013

So I had a blog post already planned out in my mind (sorta) that I was going to write about for today... I had a doctor's appointment today concerning my diabetes. The plan was to write about how great the appointment went, that my blood sugar levels are better, how thankful I am to God for it all, and basically how my little life is practically care-free and happy right now.

I know. Who wants to listen to some girl's diabetic problems?

I don't know. And I don't blame you if you close your browser tab. But something about sharing my little struggles helps me.

I write these words partly to let out steam to keep me sane, and partly because it gives me perspective. It takes me from gazing at my problems while glancing at Christ, to gazing at Christ while only glancing at my problems.



Problems...

They are inevitable. I know those whose eyes are reading these words (thank you, by the way) are dealing with some sort of something that they wish they weren't.

I'm right there with ya.

And I'm totally frustrated.

My appointment today was discouraging. My blood sugars improved by only a tenth of a point. My A1C was 9.2 when the ideal number is 7 or less. I had really thought I had much better numbers since last time, and was expecting something much prettier than a 9.2...

Bummer.

I have had such a wonderful relationship with my doctor. She has been so supportive and informative to me since day 1 of my diagnosis. Honestly, she has given me and I'm sure many others, excellent medical and emotional care. She was my friendly face after the haul to Winston-Salem. She's actually the primary reason I've continued to drive to Winston every three months; yeah, she's that good. 

She turns her back to me today in the examination room while making her way to her roller chair, "So I have some bad news..."

Uh-oh. I have kidney damage. Bad circulation. A heart risk....

"I lost my job."

No...

Baptist health, along with other hospitals and medical centers have started making drastic budget cuts, which means my friendly face, and others like her, no longer have their jobs.

"You're going to have to find another endocrinologist. I'm sorry."

Me too...

* * * *

A bad blood test.
An unstable job market.
Health problems.
Small Finances.
Relationship issues.
The list goes on...
Discouragement is everywhere and it is easy to spot, and hard to stop noticing.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places."
- Habakkuk 3:17-19

This. This Scripture came to me today.

I am reminded that God and His promises are enough...

* * * *

Counting His graces-
because all is grace
Giving thanks in remembrance of Him-
because that is communion
Unwrapping His daily gifts-
because I am loved.

212. Photo shoot with my sister
213. Giant Pillows
214. A Starbucks coffee that only has 5 carbs- Yum!
215. He who has promised is faithful
216. The right Scripture at the right time
217. God is my strength
218. A cute planner for classes
219. The gift of faith





No comments:

Post a Comment